Moving? Get Organized-Part One
Moving can be very exciting, but also a very stressful time. There are many moving parts involved during the moving process, especially if you are selling one home and moving into another. Having the right plan can greatly reduce the stress when it comes to your next move. There are many factors that go into moving, so it is important to be organized. The best real estate agents in Colorado Springs have a few tips to help reduce stress during your next move. Today we will feature part one of our getting organized for your move, so stay tuned for next week’s part two of this blog series.
Creating a moving game plan will make a huge difference in your stress level during the moving process. Create a list of all the items you need to accomplish with deadlines associated. If you sold your home, you have a specific date all items need to be out. Make sure you work back from that date to ensure you don’t miss anything. Here are some items to include in your list:
- Make a list of all items needed to start the packing process. Include packing tape, boxes, markers, etc and buy all items you don’t have. If you are using a moving company, call now and schedule moving dates. Don’t wait until the last minute to schedule anything because if they are booked up, you will be left scrambling. This will create even more pressure so plan ahead and take care of moving details now. If you are moving without a moving service, make sure you call to recruit help. They need to know in advance which day you need their help so they don’t make other plans.
- Remove any unnecessary appointments during the moving process. Rescheduling appointments for after the move will help free up your schedule so you can focus on the move. Having your plate full of appointments that are not vital will create more stress during an already stressful time.
- Plan time off. If you have available time you can take off work, schedule it now. Plan to take the move day off and maybe a few days before and after. This will help keep you focused on the move and help keep your stress level down.
- Make a list of all businesses to call to change your address. Include your bank, employer, credit cards, etc. Many times just a change of address at the post office isn’t enough. You don’t want to miss any important documents due to mail not being delivered to the right address. Get a head start and call to get the address changed.
- Schedule any services to be performed on the house. If you plan to have the house cleaned, carpets cleaned or any repairs, call to get it scheduled now. Don’t wait until the last minute because they may book up. Get it on your calendar and the companies so you have one less thing to worry about.
- Moving with kids, plan to have someone help with kids on moving day. Getting help with the kids will keep you focused on any last minute tasks needed for your move. Also, if you are switching schools, make sure you inform their school of the move. You may need to obtain records for the new school.
- Call all utility companies to schedule a day to cut off services. Some services you may be able to transfer but others you will want to cut off. Pay close attention to the day to turn off services and write it down. If your closing date changes, you will need to adjust when your utilities are turned off.
Moving is a big event for many people. With jobs, families, animals and other external life factors to deal with that keep us busy, moving can seem overwhelming. The items mentioned above are all tips that can be done early in the moving process. Follow our tips to stay organized during your move and hopefully your next move will seem more manageable. Check back next week to see the second part of our blog on more tips to stay organized for your move.
The Platinum Group, Our Real Estate Agents Are Your Colorado Springs Experts
If you are on the search for a new home in Colorado Springs, contact The Platinum Group, REALTORS. When you hire an agent from the best team of REALTORS in Colorado Springs, you know they will be with you every step of the way. The best real estate agents in Colorado Springs are ready to help you find your dream house. If you are selling your Colorado Springs home, we can help you get it sold. Our goal is to walk you through the entire process to get it sold for the price you want. Visit our website to learn more www.PlatinumHomeSales.com.
The Platinum Group, Realtors-The First Choice in Real Estate
Visit our website: www.PlatinumHomeSales.com
6760 Corporate Drive, Ste 300
Colorado Springs, CO 80906